Saturday, October 3, 2009

Call To Arms For Science Fiction Writers; Biopunk Anthology

For a while now, I've been contemplating taking on a small publishing project myself. The main idea is to compose an anthology of short, 3,000-8,000w stories related to the genre of biopunk (wikipedia definition: "A science fiction genre that focuses on biotechnology and subversives"). So basically, I'm asking anyone who's interested in submitting a short story to send the text in a .doc or .rtf attachment to miss_abiotic@yahoo.com in 12point, Times New Roman or Courier font. I also want to stress an interest in stories with a base of hard science, and ideas that are only just beyond the realm plausible. No A.I. apocolypse, or green women on Mars in furry bikinis, and nothing should be explained through magic. At the moment, I am accepting simultaneous submissions, just make 100% certain you tell me if your work is being published elsewhere.

As I said, this is a small project that may end up being privately self-published. Payment will most likely come in the form of royalties divided amongst contributors, but I can't make any promises yet. I'm looking for authors who may not be brand names, but have a dedication to their work and to scifi. Relevant publishing experience should be mentioned in the email, but absolutely don't let it deter you if you haven't got any yet. It's more important that the story reads smoothly and has a certain feel. If you haven't read anything biopunk, and just want to check it out, try the book "Ribofunk" by Paul Di Filippo. 

Ciao and good luck! ~Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment